Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Natural Christmas

I love Christmas time. The celebrations, making special recipes, fires in the fireplaces, the decorations, and the zillion lights on the tree. Every year, our 8 foot plus Christmas tree averages 3,500 colored lights and a small fortune in ornaments. Not one for "designer" trees, I've always loved mixing all styles, from glittery hand blown German ornaments to natural pine cones. But, for the first time I may go with a more natural theme next year. I came across this home that was featured in Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles in one of my favorite design blogs, greige. As I slowly edit the extraneous materials, colors, and items out of my house, the more something simple and natural appeals to me.


What is your Christmas style? Parred down elegance, earthy, or wild-go-all-out explosion of lights and color?


They have the good fortune of starting off with an absolutely beautiful, classic home.

Not loving the main tree, though. The wrapping reminds me of a caterpillar cocoon and the shock of pink in below the tree looks like laundry.

THIS is gorgeous. The bold chevron tablecloth keeps this from looking staid. Wouldn't mind that jacket, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...