Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Round is a Shape - but not the Shape I Want!


















Okay, this was me this morning. Never mind getting on the scale, the fact that I barely fit into most of my clothing is enough to tell me that it is time to get my lazy butt in gear. Oh, but how I do love to eat! So, before I look for exercises, I look for recipes that will better suit my quest for a slimmer me. Okay, that may not be the best approach to a fitter, trimmer body . . . but, a gal's gotta eat, right?

My favorite recipe resource is the food and travel blog, 101 Cookbooks. Heidi Swanson's recipes focus on natural, whole foods and ingredients that require little effort and time. One of our family's all-time favorite is Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn. Amazingly easy, and even better (if you can believe it) than smothering cauliflower with melted cheese!


Click here for the full recipe. But, I make it less complicated with slight modifications. It comes out just as good with less effort.

My Variantion on Roasted Cauliflower Popcorn

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs - plain or herbed, whatever you have on hand
1 medium head of cauliflower, washed
1/4 cup +/- extra-virgin olive oil
scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried chile pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Cut cauliflower up in fairly equal sized "trees". Combine all ingredients together in large bowl, toss until cauliflower is well coated. Spread on baking sheet and roast in oven for a total of about 25-30 minutes. After the first 20 minutes, turn cauliflower over with spoon to roast all sides. Remove when edges are golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...