Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunsets for Rafał

Our family is mourning the loss of Rafał. Much more than just a cousin to my husband, Rafał was usually referred to by Marcin as his brother. With both of their fathers being brothers and both of their mothers being sisters, they shared a unique lineage as well as other physical and emotional characteristics.


These beautiful photos of Lake Sinclair in Michigan were taken by a childhood friend, Dave Denner. Dave is one of those rare folks who actually appreciate the best that his physical surroundings has to offer. He captures the stillness . .  the quietness . . . the beauty . . . of the water that I miss so much.


So, I dedicate this post of the water that I miss so much to the man that we shall miss so much more. Rafał, you left us much too soon, my friend.




Thank you, Dave.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...