Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Frye Boot's Flagship Store

I'm getting ready to head out to New York this weekend and Frye's new 6,000 square foot flagship store is definitely on my list to visit. A recent foot surgery has left me ~ hopefully temporarily ~ with few footwear options at the moment so purchasing a new pair of shit-kickers may not be part of the plan. But, I enjoy the architecture and design almost as much as the boots. Taking inspiration from early 20th-century workshops and toolboxes, design firm AvroKO constructed a cash-wrap desk from vintage industrial drawers and blackened-steel panels. Above the sales floor, locally fabricated brass pendant fixtures flank a ceiling installation of more than 40 leather straps, each fitted with a brass ring meant to recall Frye's Civil War-era boots.








All photos via Interior Design and courtesy of The Frye Company.

1 comment:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    u can contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...